Student Internship Program
Overview: As part of KWG outreach, the Student Internship Program involves post-secondary students in carefully defined projects in support of Guild activities while providing the student with meaningful professional experience for a writing-related career.
1. A KWG
Board member will have supervisory responsibilities for the Student Internship
Program and maintain all documents relative to the Program.
2. Each KWG board officer, program or committee chair may sponsor a maximum two (2) students who have expressed a strong commitment to furthering the work of the Guild.
3. Projects should involve a minimum ten (10) hours of work and provide valuable service to the Guild as well as professional experience to the students.
4. The student and the chair or officer will draw up a written description of the proposed project.
5. Ideally, a faculty member or advisor from the student’s college or university will monitor the project, perhaps offering extra credit to the student. However, the Program will be open to students from all majors who have an interest in writing, publishing, publicity or related fields.
6. The KWG Board will approve student interns and projects upon presentation of projects at a regular meeting by the supervising board member, program or committee chair.
7. Approved student interns will receive a one year complimentary membership after signing a commitment of service document.
8. The sponsoring board member, program or committee chair will inform the Membership Chair of the start date for the student intern’s membership.
9. At the completion of the project, student interns will draw up a short report on their experience for KWG records. These reports may also be used to promote the program.
10. At the satisfactory completion of the project, the student will receive a letter of thanks signed by the KWG president and sponsoring board member, program or committee chair. On the student’s request, a copy of the letter will be sent to the student’s supervising faculty or advisor.
Free Knoxville Writers' Guild bookmarks. Print, cut, and use!