Group facilitator: Kimberly
kimberlyvargas1234 @ yahoo.com
We are an all-inclusive support group dedicated to encouraging each
other through our writing and publishing journeys. We demystify the
publishing world by researching current markets and identifying opportunities
to market our works. We do not focus on critiquing but rather on the
1. Writers Anonymous general
format (although it is flexible to meet our members’ needs):
• Writers Anonymous is dedicated to meeting once each week for
• The first half hour is spent assessing each member’s progress,
stumbling blocks and current publishing and writing goals.
• Then next full hour is dedicated to pursuing personal and group
• The final half hour is used to check-in with each member asking
what worked, what didn’t work, and to find out how we can further
2. Writers Anonymous aims to conduct at least one separate “good
of the order” meeting each month dedicated to group business,
reorganization, review of personal and group goals (short and long term),
3. Members should pursue developmental writing activities.
4. Members should pursue publishing activities (including research and
continually identifying marketing opportunities) for themselves and
for other members of the group to create an environment of shared knowledge
5. Members must be current, dues paying members of the Knoxville Writers
6. We govern ourselves through a democratic and participatory process.
7. Our group is currently closed and limited to 4 members.
• We encourage anyone interested in our format to contact us.
• Should our group open up in the future we would then accept
candidate applications and conduct interviews to vote new members in.
Membership | Contests | Meetings & Programs
| Writer Profiles
| Writing Tips |
Resources on the Web
| By-Laws | Mission
Order Form |
Back to Knoxville
Writers' Guild Home